Are you analytical, hard working with impeccable attention to details?
The Senior Risk Associate will assist the Head of Risk Services with the development of large scale risk advisory projects for high profile platforms.
- Supporting clients servicing through risk and regulatory reporting. This must be done in a timely and accurate fashion, escalating issues as they arise.
- Produce and check risk and regulatory filings for a range of different filing requirements.
- Be proficient in problem solving, striving to use own initiative to take ownership of the task.
- Interpretation of analytics across all asset classes (equity, fixed income, credit, interest rate, etc) and communication of results.
- Performing data management and manipulation using a range of tools.
- Work on a regular basis with both internal and external systems such as RiskCore, RiskMetrics, and Bloomberg.
- Perform reconciliations on a range of data, accounting, compliance checks and risk analytics.
- Play an active role in the supervising and management of the Junior Associates on the team and participate in on the job training for new hires.
- Work co-operatively with other groups in different locations and time zones.
- Provide adequate documentation and backup of all operational processes.
- Assisting team supervisor with ad-hoc client queries.
- Liaising with other teams in relation to new fund launches and helping onboard new clients and funds.
- Aspire to be the proficient in UCITS, AIFMD, funds, especially with respect to risk management.
- Communicate with clients to ensure satisfaction with the service provided and to resolve any potential issues.
- Follow and enhance existing procedures, to solve routine problems and help in the development of new procedures as required.
- Keep abreast of regulatory changes
- Independently liaise with fund service providers as required.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Be driven, inquisitive and be able to self-manage.
- A minimum of a 3rd level Degree in Finance, Business or other similar field is required. A Master's Degree in a Finance or Mathematical field or a related professional qualification is highly desirable.
- At least 3 years experience in a risk or regulatory related role preferably within the funds industry.
- Knowledge of or previous exposure to some regulatory filings is required, including but not limited to, AIFMD, UCITS, CPO-PQR, Form PF, Solvency II, OPERA, EMIR.
- They will have had either exposure to or have knowledge of a number of risk measurements including Value at Risk, Stress Testing, Liquidity Analysis, Greeks, Back Testing and will have a strong knowledge of a range of instruments including derivatives.
- Experience of using Bloomberg and other data providers preferred in addition to experience of using SQL.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.