12 months contract
The Security Engineer will work closely with R&D team to ensure services/applications running within security compliance, execute security operation into systems which are based on the public cloud environment.
- Administer, maintain, and automate security systems to ensure reliability, resiliency, scalability and security
- Perform daily security operation tasks in distributed system environment (scanning for vulnerabilities, patching of application services etc). Identify threats, vulnerabilities, and potential anomalous flows and implement preventive or mitigation actions.
- Play active role in management of existing vulnerability assessment, HIPS and SIEM systems
- Work as a part of a broader team to define security processes for assurance, management and compliance (e.g. ensure regular patching of existing systems is executed)
- Perform additional tasks within the security scope (e.g. manage internal audits of a department to ensure compliance with ISO27001/CSA-STAR)
- Train Site Reliability Engineers to ensure best security practices are understood and implemented
Skills & Qualifications:
- 3-5 years experience in the Cyber Security field
- Experience in Internet distributed Systems based on SaaS / PaaS environment(e.g. AWS basis application) preferable
- Experience of Network technologies(e.g. TCP/IP, Ethernet, UDP, DHCP, DNS, ARP, WAN routing)
- Knowledge of the design & implementation of security subsystem.
- Proficiency in a variety of security technologies and the network attack and defense technology.
- Familiar with relevant network security products or tools, such as: firewall, IDS, anti-virus, vulnerability assessment tools, etc.
- Be able to implement system's security hardening independently, such as network, database, sever, etc. and carry on penetration test and security monitoring tasks.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.