Scientific Writer required for a global pharmaceutical company based in East Cork.
Scientific Writer required for a global pharmaceutical company based in Cork. This is a permanent role and reports to the Scientific Communications Manager.
In this role you will be preparing scientific publications (such as: abstracts, posters, manuscripts and presentations), and/or regulatory documents (such as: protocols, clinical study reports, briefing documents, regulatory responses, and marketing authorization applications).
- Effectively collect and evaluate data, information, and input from multiple sources, functions, and regions.
- Plan (including organizing/preparing outlines), write (including first-draft authoring), edit, review and coordinate the publication of scientific data in peer-reviewed journals and forums and/or regulatory documents supporting clinical development/ registration.
- Conduct effective document initiation to ensure authoring team alignment and understanding.
- Assist in building persuasive and scientific-based arguments that support the purpose of more complex and/or strategic documents. Ensure data are presented in a clear, complete, accurate, and concise manner.
- Ensure that key data, strategically aligned scientific narrative, elements from internal guidance and resource documents are included appropriately in all documents, and that statements and conclusions are integrated, accurate, balanced and supported by appropriate data.
- Ensure and coordinate quality checks for accuracy, collate reviewer's comments, adjust content of document as required based on internal/external input, and prepare final version.
- Exhibit flexibility in moving across development and preparation of multiple document types.
- Work with teams to ensure smooth and timely development of documents and escalate issues, as appropriate, to ensure document completion.
- Influence or negotiate change of timelines and content with other team members.
- Advocate internally and externally for appropriate authorship criteria on all applicable work products.
- Work with internal and external speakers to develop and prepare presentations.
Education and Experience required:
- Bachelor's degree in scientific, health, communications, or technology related field
- Minimum two years of clinical development experience
- Demonstrated mastery of verbal and written English skills in the medical, scientific or technical writing fields
- Experience in clinical development, clinical trial process or regulatory activities
- Clinical pharmacology, therapeutic area, or other medical and scientific specific knowledge and experience specific to hiring area (e.g., neuroscience, oncology, cardiovascular, immunology or endocrine expertise).
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.