A leading online social media company are currently hiring for a Safety Policy Manager to join their team.
Currently hiring a Safety Policy Manager to work in tandem with this companies policy, programs and communications teams for the EMEA region in analyzing, responding to and strategically managing safety policy issues and programmatic responses in region as part of the company's global safety policy and safety programs efforts.
You will report to the Safety Policy Director, EMEA.
Successful candidates will have the skills and experience to identify and analyze safety policy risks and issues, and develop and execute effective responses.
Successful candidates should have a strong background and interest in online safety policy, the proven ability to evaluate the public and safety policy implications of our policies, products and features, a proficiency in presenting publicly to a variety of audiences, including policymakers, and the proven ability to build needed relationships with key advocacy groups, policymakers, academics, and researchers.
- Identify and analyze policy risks, trends, and issues in the EMEA region and share learnings with all teams involved in policy mission in region and across the company as you aid them in strategic planning, analyzing and responding to related legislative and regulatory initiatives, the development and implementation of safety related policy programs and the relationship with policymakers in coordination with local policy leads in the market.
- Provide feedback on the potential impact within the EMEA region of our policies, products, and features, to ensure safety issues are appropriately considered in their development, and communicate same to policymakers and key safety stakeholders in the region.
- Assist in the development, maintenance, and deepening of relationships with NGOs, academic experts and other stakeholders
- Speak at selected major safety events and at online safety related meetings with policymakers as needed to communicate the companies efforts regarding youth and family online safety, as well as develop and reinforce the reputation as a leader in online safety.
- Minimum bachelor's degree, in policy, law, marketing, business, communications or a relevant subject or discipline required
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in policy issues, as well as an understanding of applicable regulatory and self-regulatory regimes needed.
- Experience with the Internet technology industry preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Safety policies and operations, as well as knowledge of online safety landscape is essential.
- Strong communication, analytical, organizational, and writing skills, proactive work ethic, and strong interpersonal skills needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment, think and move quickly, produce results under tight deadlines, juggle many different projects at once, find pragmatic and creative solutions to business issues, provide concise and business-focused advice, and make sound judgments.
- Willingness to travel and to handle calls during different time zones.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.