Looking for an experienced & ambitious Accounting Manager to join one of the leading accounting firm based in Dublin City Centre
Revenue Accounting Manager
- Reviewing revenue contracts for complex arrangements to identify non-standard clauses and multiple performance obligations so as to determine the most appropriate accounting treatment in accordance with US GAAP or IFRS
- For month and quarter close, make amendments to revenue resulting from the contract reviews
- Update financial systems with contractual arrangements with clients, staff deployment on projects and deliverables achieved.
- Preparation of the monthly revenue report comparing actual revenue versus forecast with supporting explanations and calculations for variances.
- Performing reconciliations of contracts and revenues recognised.
- Liaising with the billing team regarding unbilled revenue balances.
- Assisting in the creation of monthly reports (forecast, backlog, utilisation), including insightful commentary.
- Identify and quantify adjustments required between the group revenue reporting and that required for statutory entities.
- Assist in internal and external audit queries on revenue recognition
- Ensure revenue is recognised within SOX guidelines i.e. relevant controls, documentation, signoff, and filing are in place.
Skills and attributes:
- 3 - 5 years' accounting experience applying US GAAP or IFRS revenue recognition guidance, preferably in the software or technology industry
- Qualified Accountant, ACA/ACCA preferred
- Strong technical knowledge of ASC 606 and IFRS 15
- Energy, enthusiasm and passion for a new challenge.
- Big four accounting firm experience would be an asset
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines with an absolute dedication to accuracy.
- Knowledge/Experience of SOX environment an advantage
- Oracle/ SAP/ NetSuite Financials experience preferable with good knowledge/experience with MS Excel
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.