FS Regulatory Solicitor
One of Ireland's leading law firms with an established domestic and international client base has briefed me on an opportunity to join its Regulatory and Compliance team which is experiencing significant growth in both volume and complexity of instructions.
To support this growth the firm is now looking to recruit an enthusiastic banking/financial services lawyer who wishes to work with clients and colleagues of the highest calibre on a diverse range of interesting and challenging work.
The successful candidate will work on governance, AML/CTF, fitness & probity, data protection, consumer protection, and other regulatory and compliance matters across a range of (primarily) financial services clients.
The role will involve acting for international and domestic clients including insurers, credit servicing firms, investment firms, funds, fund service providers, lenders, and more, dealing with a broad range of regulatory matters, including:
- applications for authorisation, (advising on the process and liaising with the Central Bank and reviewing application documentation); cross border passporting
- advising on specific legislative matters across the regulatory spectrum etc., which impact clients on a day to day basis (eg. governance; client assets;
- transaction reporting; transactions etc) advising on variety of contractual arrangements and on outsourcing rules and requirements;
- assisting clients in developing compliance and supervisory frameworks for both start-ups and established entities, including assistance in drafting policies and procedures for client tailoring; advising on related issues such as AML/CTF;
- data protection; minimum competency requirements, the Central Bank 'Fit and Proper requirements';
- consumer protection legislation and unfair contract terms;
- advising on acquiring transactions and assisting in regulatory due diligence;
- assisting clients on reporting structures and decision-making processes and advising on necessary board and committee regulation;
- delivering tailored training presentations to clients on a wide range of regulatory and compliance topics.
Suitable candidates must be able to demonstrate:
- Minimum of 3 years' pqe experience in financial services law. preferably in regulatory matters
- Experience in AML, Consumer Protection, Data Protection, Governance and a good understanding of the structure of both the domestic and European Financial Services legislation would also be a distinct advantage.
- Strong planning and organisational skills, with an ability to prioritise
- An ability to communicate effectively at all levels, with colleagues and clients
- A high level of motivation and an ability to act on one's own initiative
- An ability to work effectively as part of a team.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.