R&D Packaging Engineer - Galway
Our Galway based clients are a world-renowned medical device company looking for an R&D Packaging Engineer to join their ever-expanding engineering team.
Assists in the development of packaging labelling for Medical Device products. Compiles, analyses and reports test and research data to establish performance standards for newly designed or legacy product packages, labelling or materials
- The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and co-ordination of packaging & labelling activities for product development. Some knowledge of EU MDR requirements would be an advantage.
- Responsible for the creation, change and control of all labelling and packaging components to support R&D in the plant.
- Translates requirements for ISO for customers requiring packaging for medical device and terminally sterilised products to internal product development teams and packaging personnel supporting these operations.
- Liaise with clients on specifications for package and label components
- Remain in constant contact with teams and management on the progress of labelling and packaging projects.
- Build Quality into all aspects of work by maintaining compliance to all quality requirements
- Work with various translation companies for the translation of text used in all labelling and packaging components.
- Co-Op experience in a Medical Device, labelling and packaging or other regulated industry will suffice.
- Good understanding of Packaging & Labelling Design Element requirements within a regulated industry.
- Understanding of EU MDR requirements
- Bachelors (Level 8) in relevant discipline
- Familiar with ISO 13485, FDA Design Control, CAPA, SCAR and audit procedures
- Ability to work with minimal or no supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.