Essential Oils market leader seeks Quality Manager
I am delighted to be working with an exciting and innovative US based company who are looking to set up their European operations in Ireland. This company are a leader in the Aromatherapy and Essential Oils market and are looking to Cork to build their European base.
A key hire to make their business a success in Ireland is the Quality Manager. This role will give an entrepreneurial, self-starting individual the opportunity to make the role their own and to build a successful team around them. The successful individual will be reporting into the Quality Director who is based in the US.
No day will be the same with this role as the company have several different products (dietary supplement, food and cosmetic) and work across a number of accreditations and regulations. The key responsibilities and desirables are listed below:
- Supervision of QA Technicians, monitoring of GMP compliance with recommendations for corrective measures; involvement and direct supervision in all area quality activities.
- Reviews and recommends approvals for deviations, QA holds, rework, and in-process adjustments. Investigates non-conformances, deviations and CAPA and elevates issues to MRB as needed
- Reviews and approves finished product specifications and raw material specifications.
- Reviews and approves master manufacturing and production batch records
- Signs as final product release for all components, raw materials, bulk and finished goods
- Audits dietary supplement, component and raw material suppliers as needed
- Ensures collaborative process development, continuous improvement and problem solving with quality control, production, maintenance and warehouse
- Oversees the facility's calibration control program.
- Works with and supports Operation functions.
- Involved and is part of the FDA, NSF, TGA KFDA etc audit response team.
- Supervises the activities of Quality Technicians and the Quality Assurance Leads
- Prepares reports by collecting, analysing, trending and summarizing deviations, QA holds, rework, etc.; submits regular reports to Quality Assurance Director.
- Complies with FDA, cGMP and other requirements and enforcing adherence to requirements.
- Familiar with dietary supplement, food and cosmetic regulations
- 3 to 5 years of supervisory experience required in QA environment
- S. in any related scientific field or equivalent experience
- Ability to perform and review all quality processes from receiving to shipping of product.
- Knowledge in Label control Quality functions.
- Knowledge in retain room process.
- Ability and knowledge in performing in-house audits.
- Knowledge and experience with applicable FDA regulation, cGMP requirements and GLP requirements.
- Ability to write and implement standard operating procedures in the warehouse and corporate facilities.
- Ability to understand, monitor and review all Quality processes in the warehouse and corporate facilities
If the sound of this piques your interest and you want to learn more then get in touch today by clicking the 'apply now' button or by calling 021 2300 300 for a confidential chat.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.