Growing team within an expanding company based in Sandyford.
Python Performance Engineer
We are looking for a dynamic, skillful and enthusiastic person to join our Performance team. Someone who takes ownership for their work, is committed to building high quality and extensible code and who has working experience working within an agile software development team is the ideal.
- To design and develop code with performance optimization, extensibility and maintainability in mind.
- Own and drive development tasks that you are involved in, participating and supporting your agile development team. Provide support to the business for critical issues.
- Functionally and Unit test all developed code to a very high standard to enable QA to test efficiently.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- Demonstrable experience with Python, MySQL & Linux
- 3+ years professional development experience
- 1-3+ years experience developing with Python
- Knowledge of performance best practices and experience identifying & improving performance related bottlenecks
- Demonstrable experience with performance monitoring tools
- Experience in version control systems, ideally Git
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced development schedule
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or similar
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Experience/understanding of working in an Agile environment
- Experience with asynchronous networking library such as Twisted or Tornado
- Redis or other modern non-relational data storage systems
- Testing. Especially unit testing, test-driven development and behaviour-driven development
- Modern Python web frameworks. e.g. Flask, Django and Python ORM e.g. storm, sqlalchemy
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.