Reporting to the Procurement Director, the primary purpose of the role is to provide effective control of stock systems, ensuring optimum stock levels and accuracy, in order to support Sales and Customer service teams.
Areas of Responsibility
- Monitor stock levels in relation to supply and demand to prevent overstocking and stock-outs.
- Place regular purchase orders as necessary with global suppliers.
- Manage the supply chain to ensure orders are received on time.
- Track order progress and shipments and address any delay issues
- Liaise with Warehouse Manager and transport providers to schedule inbound deliveries
- Management and upkeep of stock systems
- Ensure that sales and customer service teams have accurate and timely stock information
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance
- A Good understanding of stock control and supply chain procedures
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong IT and analytical skills
- Ability to communicate effectively and develop and maintain strong working relationships
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.