An opportunity to join a fast paced purchasing team
Our Client, a global medical device manufacturer based in Galway & a leader in research & development have a requirement for a suitably experienced Purchasing Specialist.
Working within a fast paced Procurement department, the purchasing specialist will be responsible for the following:
- Maintain and develop the supplier base through: relationship development, supplier selection, supply agreements (including price negotiation where applicable), with continued supplier monitoring and evaluation
- Carry out the purchasing process (stock, non-stock items, capital equipment)
- Review and maintain planning and purchasing contingencies to ensure continued supply of product to our customers.
- Promote Continuous Improvement to ensure that the best solutions for the customer are delivered in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure that the daily Purchasing Huddles address issues on a team level
- Driving Efficiencies
- Participate in quarterly supplier review meetings and ensure corrective actions are taken when suppliers fail to meet expectations.
- Work on the change management process to reflect any SKU changes at a component or kit level.
- APICS/CIPS qualified or educated to degree level equivalent and have 4- 6 years relevant experience in a purchasing, or purchasing related field.
- Knowledge of MRP computer systems is required, and in particular SAP, as it forms a major part of the supply chain.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, MS Outlook, MS PowerPoint essential.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.