Professional Support Lawyer (Corporate/Finance) will work with the finance partners in the Dublin office of this global law firm to help ensure that the firm's knowledge and development objectives are achieved.
The role will predominantly focus on finance (comprising a mix of debt capital markets, asset finance and banking) and report to the finance partners of the Dublin office.
Precedents and Know-How
- Assisting with the maintenance and development of the firm's precedent and know how systems
- Management of knowledge dissemination to the firm's lawyers, primarily those who sit on our finance teams in Dublin.
- Providing suitable pre-joining materials to new staff and assisting with the training of new lawyers in relation to the legal resources available
- Coordinating training programmes and assisting where possible with training for each practice area, but pre-dominantly within our finance teams, including the delivery of training sessions to lawyers on relevant aspects of Irish law and in relation to legal developments
- Reviewing existing, new and proposed legislation and case law, keeping abreast of developments in Irish & EU legislation generally and disseminating the information thereon.
Client Facing Responsibilities
- Assisting in the production and/or updating of client advisories, firm memoranda/brochures and practice notes.
- Liaising with senior fee-earner and the Business Development Group in relation to website updates, legal journal submissions etc.
- Acting as a liaison between fee-earners and our business development group and assisting with the preparation for and hosting of client seminars.
- Assisting with legal research and on net points of fee earning work which would be charged to clients
- The candidate should be a qualified Irish lawyer, ideally with at least 5 years PQE in one or more areas of finance law including asset finance, banking and debt capital markets.
- Superior organisation skills, attention to detail and communication skills are essential as is ability to drive a learning and development programme and an ability to work independently.
The position is option to full-time and part-time applicants with 7+ years pqe in a Commercial Law work environment.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.