NBI - Project Manager
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It was established by Granahan McCourt (GMC), an international investor in technology, media and telecommunications with 30 years of experience partnering with governments, corporations and people to drive development of communications infrastructure.
NBI has presented its vision for world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country which are not fully served by commercial operators (the "Intervention Area"). National Broadband Ireland will supply broadband to the one quarter of Irish people and premises which currently cannot access high-speed broadband through commercial services. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1 million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms, and over 600 schools.
Key Objectives / Account-abilities:
Reporting to the Programme Director, the purpose of this role is lead, manage and oversee end to end multiple fibre roll out projects with emphasis on scheduling, sequencing and monitoring and control. This role requires a hands-on approach, and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment and work to tight deadlines with a pragmatic approach! In return you become part of the team, building and delivering a high-speed broadband network to communities across Ireland.
- Manage, schedule and oversee each project ensuring that budget and scheduling constraints are adhered to
- Liaise with project coordinators, design and build teams to schedule, keep track and report on project status.
- Actively manage risks and issues that will have an impact on project cost, delivery timelines or quality.
- Actively manage and oversee the administration of project plans
- Deliver accurate and timely agreed project reports and KPI's from design through to build
- Assist with the development and documenting of project management and PMO processes
- Deliver accurate and timely material forecasts associated with the deployment schedule
- Deliver accurate and timely deployment schedule updates to the Programme Director
- You will align project with overall program policies, road map, constraints and plans
- Proactively manage stakeholders
- Support the senior project manager in maintaining and updating project related documents
- Continually seek new initiatives and process changes to improve the deployment and build process
- Employee engagement performance management and improvement
Knowledge & Experience:
- 8+ years project manager level experience
- Experience in telecommunications complex projects preferably with infrastructure / construction deployments
- In-depth knowledge of Project Management methodology and practices eg PMBOK, Prince
- Excellent stakeholder management experience
- Ability to prioritize and juggle tasks in a fast-paced deadline-oriented environment.
- Detail oriented and delivery focused.
- Strong communicator with proven ability to create and foster strong team and build cross functional relationships
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.