This is an urgent fill and interviews will commence immediately through video conference.
The position will involve overall responsibility for the development, growth and delivery of the Technologies Portfolio of Projects within the PPD Engineering Group.
These projects will involve the development and deployment of new products and process technologies to multiple manufacturing locations. Also, work to reduce the cost of our existing products through collaboration with R&D and development of next generation process technologies and capabilities.
1. Investigate & suggest a pipeline of advanced manufacturing technologies to be implemented in our manufacturing plants to dramatically improve product manufacturing costs &/or efficiencies for new and existing products
2. Identify manufacturing technologies, which will enable new and disruptive product designs to reducing process capability constraints.
3. Work with all Sites within the project network to identify opportunities, investment requirements, develop rationale, development timing, market potential, and return on investment for all Advanced Technology Projects.
4. Ensure Lean principles are embedded into the product and process development activities
5. Interface and manage relationships with critical business stakeholders to ensure the successful adoption of Advanced technologies across the Business (Regulatory, Commercial, Design, Operations)
6. Demonstrates thorough knowledge of manufacturing impact on product performance as perceived by the customer
7. Identify and establish a research capability platform that will enable transformational changes in process capability at the project with focus on Automation, (experience in Advanced Inspection and Packaging would be an advantage).
8. Support and drive the implementation Lean Equipment Design Methodologies within the Centre
9. Develop "Best in Class" implementation processes for Advanced Technologies Management of the Asset Lifecycle for new equipment (URS/RA/IQ/OQ/PQ).
10. Work with supplier to develop designs & conduct feasibility studies on proposed technology solution
1. Provides guidance to product and technology teams
2. Develop and grow the skills set within PPD to facilitate the provision of core technologies and knowledge to project Globally
3. Promote a quality-focused culture within the manufacturing engineering team, ensuring adherence to cGMP's and Quality Systems as defined in the Quality Manual
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.