Exciting opportunity for a Project Accountant to join a leading MNC.
As the Project Accountant, you will work closely with the Finance team and will report directly to the Head of Finance. The role is a permanent position and you will be based in Kilkenny.
- Provide business analysis and financial modelling support to other finance colleagues and to management in other functions.
- Assembly and extraction of relevant data and information from existing finance, operational and commercial reports, to support the financial appraisal process.
- Gain a deep understanding of the business which enables consideration of the wider implications of specific propositions on all impacted value streams
- Support the presentation and communication of various projects being proposed (written & verbal).
- Provision of project financial data and information to other finance team members as required
- Assist in the financial assessment of projects vs original targets/plans.
- Provide ad-hoc operational and/or financial analysis support to any other key projects as required.
- Recently qualified accountant or a finalist with relevant experience
- Knowledge of process manufacturing and product costing
- Good management accounting experience, along with a proven track record in commercial value adding activities.
- Knowledge of financial evaluation techniques for investment appraisal.
- Strong Excel skills.
- Experience of ERP systems and Data Warehousing software would be an advantage.
- Creative & analytical approach, particularly from a commercial and value-adding perspective.
- Attention to detail & proven analytical ability.
- Good planning & organisational skills.
- Team player who is an effective communicator and can work well across the business functions at all levels and can influence others to achieve results.
- Self-driven and committed to delivering constant improvement.
- An ability to work to and meet tight deadlines.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.