Great Program Management opportunity for a 12 month daily rate contract
Summary of Position:
The role of the IT Program Manager is to manage the portfolio of assigned IT projects to ensure delivery to defined scope, on time, within budget and with total customer satisfaction. The scope of program oversight includes all phases of the Solution Development Life Cycle (SDLC) namely planning, requirements definition, design, development, testing, deployment and transition to post-implementation support.
This position serves as the central point of contact for all project stakeholders - customers, business relationship managers, architects, suppliers, operations, and infrastructure teams. The scope of the role includes project organization, coordination of project meetings and artifact reviews, proactive identification and management of issues and risks and change management.
- Deliver projects on-time, on-budget, with appropriate transparency of issues across vendors, business clients, and IT
- For large programs, plan and assign work breakdowns to specific project managers of program work streams and maintain oversight of their execution.
- Implement a meeting cadence and content for periodic meetings with Suppliers and vendors to discuss/review solution delivery status, issues, and action plans in all programs.
- Execute all processes and procedures established necessary for managing and prioritizing work within projects and the project budgets
- Assess and verify solution designs for scope, cost, timing and milestone commitments
- Operate as primary point of contact with vendors for day-to-day interactions on solution delivery
- Be accountable for solution delivery execution (scope, cost, quality, and schedule milestones) across assigned projects
- Ensure compliance with portfolio and project management processes
- Own and drive resolution of project issues via engagement of with ITEs, Enterprise Architecture, business, IT and supplier teams as necessary
- Coordinate and/or support of systems retirements associated with solution implementation
- Ensure compliance with release management and change management practices
The IT Program Manager will be an overall, effective manager, communicator, and leader. She/he will be a proven team leader, able to conceptualize, plan, document and communicate effectively. The correct candidate will possess energy, collaboration skills, and help lead change.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's or master's degree in an appropriate technical or business based field
- 10 years of relevant work project management and delivery experience in an information technology/ business solutions context
- Functional domain experience relative to IT projects in Sales, Engineering, Manufacturing, Purchasing, Supply Chain in an automotive, industrials or electronics industry setting.
- GDPR, Finance Transformation, Supply Chain or Corporate Functions Program Management experience
- High level understanding of the IT application and infrastructure context for the targeted solution and the hardware / software bill of materials required to deliver the solution
- 5 years of experience in managing complex and/or demanding programs
- Experience as an active participant of software process maturity improvement programs such as CMMI, Agile etc.
- PMP certification would be highly valued
- Experience of using Teradata, Informatica, SAP or other ERP systems
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.