Our client is looking for an innovative hands on mechanical engineer to support a number of the manufacturing teams.
The successful applicant will have a strong technical background and a minimum of 3 years experience in a medium/high volume Mechanical/Electronic manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Support manufacturing processes and provide process improvements to existing products
- To define and validate manufacturing process for upgrade products or new products
- Support mechanical / electrical assembly jigs, fixtures and purpose built test equipment
- Process analysis and product quality reporting
- To work closely with other engineers and production staff to drive quality standards and improvements
- To work closely with product designers to ensure the product is designed for assembly
All applicants must possess:
- The successful candidate will have a strong technical background and a min of 3 years' in a medium / high volume Mechanical/Electronic manufacturing environment.
- Educated to at least degree level in mechanical / production engineering or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years' experience in a mid / high volume manufacturing environment
- Experience in use of problem solving and troublse shooting techniques
- Good "can do" attitude and an ability to work well in a team
- "Hands-on" ability
- Experience with application of six sigma tools
Although not essential, the following criteria is desirable:
- Experience in use of 3D CAD, Unigraphics NX or equivalent
- Experience in use of Lathe, Milling machine and work shop tools
- Experience in design and implementation of assembly fixtures
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.