This position is an opportunity to join an exciting Production team Co. Galway.
Our clients are looking for a number of experienced Supervisors in the Galway area or within commuting distance. The Ideal candidate will be open to working shift, day's evenings and night shifts are all available.
This is a great opportunity to join a large multinational in the West of Ireland.
- Planning - including developing /maintaining a viable plan incorporating hiring, training, capacity-modelling, efficiency/yield assumptions, ramp-rate, learning-curve etc.
- Liaising with ware-housing, quality assurance, bulk-packaging and sterilisation areas to ensure prompt shipment of product.
- Maintaining GMP / Housekeeping at a high level within the department through the involvement of all team members.
- Cross-functional management of QA, materials, IS and HR support for the team.
- Interacting and liaising with the other manufacturing teams and Logistics to prioritise backorders.
- Managing process and material flows, space management, and working with the Engineering group to maximise utilisation of space designated for specific operations area.
- Administration duties which include Time and Attendance system, Holiday planning, Build Plan review Back Order review, Travel planning etc.
- Works with EHS to identify significant environmental impacts of BSIL operations and to establish goals and targets around significant environmental impacts.
- Good knowledge of GMP / FDA regulatory requirements, housekeeping, health and safety.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to liaise with various support groups.
- Previous experience of people-management and demonstrated ability in people motivation, organising and team building would be a distinct advantage.
- Solid record of attention to detail and strict adherence to procedures.
Qualifications & Experience
- HETAC Level 8 in a relevant discipline
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a similar role ideally in medical device or other highly regulated industry.
- Good technical capabilities, communication skills, teamwork abilities and initiative.
- Proven ability to work well as part of a team & on own with minimum supervision
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.