Great opportunity based in north Cork
After speaking and meeting with the hiring managers, the ideal candidate will be reporting to the Production Manager and will work with the Production Managers and Site Management team to achieve Site targets and meet and exceed customer expectations. He/She will co-ordinate and control all the activities within their respective teams to meet production targets, quality, environmental, maintenance, people, H&S & cost objectives on a day to day basis and in doing so will be a key person in driving shift and site performance.
Core responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Manage a team of operators ensuring that the resources are managed to facilitate employee participation in any people development initiatives;
- Actively manage the employee's working hours and payment through the HR system;
- Key role in driving and implementing continuous improvement in your area and continually improve communications through delivering effective workgroups, PSEs and the utilisation of all other relevant CI tools;
- Promote a safety culture within the plant through leading by example and ensuring that all Health & Safety procedures are adhered to and regulatory compliance standards are met;
- Measure, monitor and control the key performance indicators that drive the site's performance;
- Key role in promoting a culture of excellence by driving compliance with Quality standards and conducting audits against key Quality parameters;
- Co-ordinate Maintenance resources outside of office hours in line with business objectives;
- Liaise with maintenance during office hours to address any issues that may compromise the optimisation of plant reliability to deliver the required volumes;
- Control all production related activity in accordance with the company's management system and environmental best practice.
A third level degree in a relevant discipline.
Three years minimum experience at management level.
Food experience would be highly beneficial.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.