The role of the Planner is to deliver an effective planning platform with the aim to optimise customer service at lowest cost.
The Planners are responsible for the effective and efficient delivery of the weekly and daily activities of the planning team and for achieving the required planning performance.
Key Accountabilities and Deliverables
* Understands in depth, the weekly planning and daily scheduling tools with the ability to prepare effective weekly plans and daily schedules in order to meet customer demand and minimise the potential for waste.
* Communicates the Weekly Plans and Daily Schedules to Production
* Communicates appropriately within the Planning team
* Support the Planning Manager to deliver process improvements
* Delivers key objectives to ensure that Continuous Improvement plans are completed within Planning.
* Prepares Weekly Plans, using the Weekly Planning Board
* Prepares Daily Schedules
* Communicates the Daily Schedule to Production in the Daily Planning Commitment Meeting
* Follows up with Production on the floor at regular intervals to understand progress versus Schedule
* Identify variances between forecast and orders received and seek clarification with Commercial through the Assistant Planning Manager
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.