An opportunity to join a fast paced team with a leading Irish brand
Our client, a leading FMCG company, have a requirement for an experienced Production Planner.
This role requires the Production Planner to actively contribute to the management and development of the site Planning and Materials Supply systems in a progressive manner.
The Production Planner's primary responsibility will be to ensure all products required by customers are planned and co-ordinated to be procured, manufactured, shipped, and delivered to our customer's on-time.
- Develop detailed production schedules and optimize use of all capacities in each stage of the Supply Chain Process
- Review historical sales trends, research demand drivers, prepare forecast data, develop statistical forecast models, and evaluate forecast results
- Interact with sales to understand demand forecast drivers and to ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand forecasts
- Lead the planning meetings to review, reconcile significant variances and refine the forecast model
- Draw up master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of production to meet logistics dates according to sales forecasts and customer orders
- Monitor production plans/performance weekly and realign to ensure the purchasing strategy fully supports both production and project targets
- Analyse production specifications and plant capacity data and performs to determine manufacturing processes, tools, and human resource requirements
- Monitor inventory levels and report any deviation from plan and implement corrective actions where applicable
- Minimum 3 years' experience in forecasting/ planning/scheduling in an FMCG manufacturing organisation
- IIPMM or relevant materials management qualification an advantage
- Strong working knowledge of leading Planning, Logistics & Procurement Tools, Processes, Methods and Reporting Techniques. Process orientated approach to work
- Excellent Project Management skills. Ability to implement process improvements at a site and Planning/Procurement team level.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.