An exciting opportunity to join an exciting CMO in Cork?
Our clients are recruiting for a Production Manager for their Pharmaceutical facility just outside of Cork City. The Ideal candidate will manage the staffing plan to meet production requirements and establish and monitor metrics related to throughput, yield, QA/HSE (Incident investigation, reduction and prevention), housekeeping. LEAN experience would be an advantage for this role.
Role break down
- Ensures high standards of Health and Safety on site at all times and ensures compliance with the Health and Safety Site Systems.
- Works in conjunction with Quality to ensure Product Quality and compliance with the Quality system at all times.
- Responsible for developing and attaining production schedules
- Performance management of shift supervisors, Team Leads and operators - ensuring proactive employee relations and speak-up/collaborative culture
- Ensures yield and quality targets are met.
- Leads and supports the production teams to achieve the manufacturing goals.
- Forecasts operational requirements/resources based on future production schedules, projects etc so as to ensure the production targets are met.
- Ensures that all the production documentation is completed in accordance with cGMP.
- Presents a written monthly report to the Operations Director providing details on agreed KPI's and metrics.
- Collaborate in internal and external audits.
- Elaboration of new operation procedures or change existing ones.
- Support Human Resources performance and propose career development.
- Other duties as required by the Operations Director in keeping with the nature of the role.
- 3-7 years of experience working within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Experience in technical manufacturing support.
- Experience in Production operations, trouble shooting and creative problem solving within a technical environment.
- Experience in equipment and technology design, selection, testing and procurement.
- Leadership and management skills.
- Current knowledge of GMP regulatory requirements in US and EU.
- Ability to interact with and be part of multi-disciplinary teams.
- Experience in Delta V systems a distinct advantage.
- Excellent communication and people management skills.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.