This is a fantastic opportunity for those who want to make the next step in their career.
A leading Irish owned food producer based in Cahir, have a requirement for an experienced Procurement Manager.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced procurement specialist, looking to make the next step in their career as this role will have full responsibility for the procurement and management of all packaging and ingredients for the business.
This will be a strategic role and the successful candidate will be required to identify and source new suppliers that meet our key supplier KPI's such as quality, innovation, price, and legislative requirements.
- Full responsibility for supply/demand alignment, material replenishment, and supplier performance.
- Determine packaging wastage per production line, per SKU and reduce to an agreed level.
- Full responsibility for supplier management for packaging & ingredients to include - developing relationships, forecasting, managing the supply chain, leading administrative issues such as raising PO's, ensuring POD & PO's are aligned, and invoice query resolution.
- Understanding our suppliers manufacturing and sourcing requirements by engaging with our preferred supply base through site visits, etc.
- Management and control of slow moving stock items and obsolete stock items - identifying high risk packaging/ingredients and planning into production in co-ordination with the production department.
- Establish and agree with Senior Management Team packaging and ingredient KPI's and present these on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Full responsibility for the month end packaging and ingredient stock to include presentation in an agreed format to the Financial Controller.
- Supporting the SMT as the project co-ordination of our annual tender on packaging and ingredients.
- Key role in packaging NPD and as a result you must have a full appreciation for the market in which we operate. Key role in the new product set-up process in conjunction with the production and commercial teams.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.