An opportunity to join a fast paced purchasing team & develop your career further
Our client, a leading Pharma in Galway have a requirement for a suitably experienced Procurement Specialist.
Working closely with leadership, the successful candidate will be responsible for achieving agreed targets and improve Cost of Good Savings initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of success in effective negotiations with existing and potential new suppliers to achieve pricing consistent with market requirements whilst also maintaining the required quality, level of service and security of supply.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drive the site team to develop an accepted vision for how this category of spend will be managed in the future and develop a Category Plan to achieve this vision
- Drive the team to meet deliverables as agreed upon during Category Plan development utilizing standard approach and tools
- Work issues, develop resolutions, and manage corrective actions
- Develop a preferred supplier list for each category of spend and manage compliance to the preferred supplier list using Supplier Management methodology
- Ensure mandatory program Category Team KPI's are built and reported.
- Ensure metrics are properly approved and reported regularly
- Validate any promised compliance reports are built and reported on time (as appropriate
- Establish site specific procurement plans in line with category strategies and make decisions necessary to purchase goods and services in congruence with organizational objectives and sourcing strategies.
- Locate and select potential sources of materials and/or services.
- Solicit competitive bids, quotations and proposals with pertinent specifications, terms and conditions.
- Evaluate competitive offerings to determine the overall best offer for goods or services.
- Implement or maintain a computerised procurement system of specifications, suppliers, goods/services, a computerised inventory and/or capital equipment tracking system.
- Conduct decisions to "make, buy or lease" privatise or outsource goods or services.
- BS or BA - Degree in Business, Engineering, Science or Operations related field preferred or equivalent combination of education and related work experience.
- Professional certifications (e.g. CIPS, IIPMM).
- Minimum of 5-7 years of multi-disciplined procurement experience some of which containing Medical device or Pharmaceutical Procurement experience
- Experience leading and participating on cross-functional teams and an understanding of Manufacturing & Financial principles, the new product development and commercialization process.
- Procurement process knowledge, agreement management, financial analysis, market analysis, supplier analysis, supplier management, technology utilization, strategic planning and integrated supply chain experience
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.