This procurement specialist role would be best suited to an individual with a proven track record in indirect procurement.
The successful candidate will be passionate about process improvement in work practices relating to procurement & operational processes including procure to pay, lean operations, supplier relationship management and 3rd party risk mitigation activity.
The team set and work to 'best in class' standards, drive results and are expert in stakeholder management. You will need to have excellent planning and analytical skills with good technical acumen.
- Experience in leading negotiations with suppliers (Indirect procurement categories & or IT Category Experience) an advantage
- Working closely with your customers to provide support in business need identification tendering and RFP process, negotiations, contracting and vendor management.
- Develop procurement strategies with internal stakeholders which identify business opportunities to meet/exceed savings targets.
- Work with the business through the supplier selection process ensuring that suppliers have the capability to meet the needs for high service standards, efficient executions and competitive rates.
- Manage the commercial negotiations of contracts with third parties ensuring cost savings and value add opportunities and total cost of ownership is identified
- Run internal projects of work including audits, technology development, policy and procedure updates
- Effectively communicate with internal stakeholders to ensure that Procurement initiatives are implemented as appropriate.
- Monitor and report progress to ensure all initiatives deliver benefits and meet/exceed business case expectations.
- Assist with project governance, infrastructure and stakeholder management to optimise the delivery of Procurement's Operational Excellence and Group Finance objectives.
- Experience in support and administration processes, RFP, tendering and contracting
- Knowledge of contracts and legal documentation
- Experience working closely with stakeholders internal and external to the organisation.
- Management of supplier evaluation and vendor programs
- Driving & managing cost reduction programs
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.