NBI - Procurement Manager
The National Broadband Plan (NBP) is the largest ever telecommunications project undertaken by the Irish State. It aims to radically transform the country's broadband landscape through the delivery of quality, affordable high-speed broadband to all parts of Ireland where such services are not available commercially.
The NBP will ensure that all people and businesses in the Intervention Area have access to a modern and reliable broadband network, capable of supporting the communications, information, education and entertainment requirements of current and future generations. The network will be designed, built and operated by National Broadband Ireland, using a combination of State subsidy and commercial investment. It will make its services available to all of the rollout area, which accounts for 23% of the population in about approximately 537,000 homes, farms, schools and businesses.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
NBI is looking for an experienced Procurement Manager who wants to jump in head-first and help scale the Procurement Department in a mission-driven company experiencing rapid growth.
Supporting the Procurement Director in the establishment and running of the procurement function within the broader NBI organisation including;
* Development and implementation of processes and procedures within procurement and across the broader NBI organisation
* Ensuring Document Quality and Control processes are implemented with procurement
* Engagement with the business in the integration of procurements requirements of the Enterprise Resource Planning systems and processes
* Develop supplier relationship management tracking and reporting across the team to demonstrate best delivery outcomes for NBI and support the objective to drive supplier performance and continuous improvement
* Management of procurement contract governance obligations in the context of NBI's commitments to the Minister under the Project Agreement
* Development and production of routine procurement and management reports
* Undertaking sourcing activities within the Access Network space including Materials, Build and other access network requirements including;
* Oversee the issuance of and responses to individual Requests-for-Quotation (RFQ's) for vendors' services, negotiate best pricing in support of commercial proposals
* Manage complex bids involving multiple third party and external/internal stake holders
* Coordinate meetings with vendors and internal Commercial, IT and Engineering teams to communicate vendor service offerings
* Support company cost savings and network optimization goals by reducing third party costs
* Work with all internal stakeholders to ensure proper understanding of requirements and technical feasibility of solutions, including proposal review
* Remain current on technical information regarding NBI products and services, and vendor capabilities, pricing trends and service performance history/trends
* Evaluate, negotiate or renegotiate vendor MSAs to meet current market standards for key terms such SLAs and payment terms
* Monitor day-to-day vendor risk management processes and procedures to ensure consistency with corporate policy
Knowledge & Experience:
* Degree with a strong Business/ Engineering base with 8+ years of experience within the telecommunications or large scale construction sector.
* Relevant experience in a procurement management role, with a track record of commercial and/or technical achievement, ideally within a telecommunications or large scale construction environment.
* Minimum of 3 years in a management position overseeing pricing analysts, vendor managers, or service delivery resources
* Experience working with Commercial, Finance and Technical personnel to ensure clear delivery
* Ability to operate in a matrix reporting structure
* Presentation skills and experience presenting pricing and procurement concepts to technical and financial audience
* Strong MS excel skills and ability to analyse data in spreadsheets for reporting and analysis purposes
* Ability to manage a team and where there is a requirement to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a fast-paced, deadline oriented, environment
* Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
* Experience working in a fast-paced environment and within tight timelines
* Excellent communication and relationship management skills
* The ability to act independently yet in alignment with department and firm goals to achieve optimal outcomes for a range of stakeholders (commercial, finance, customer, vendor)