An opportunity to lead a group procurement function
Our client, a commercial Semi State company, have a requirement for a highly experienced Procurement Manager.
Reporting to the Group Head of Procurement, the successful applicant will be responsible for development and delivery of end-to-end procurement service to the business units.
Prior Public Procurement experience is essential for this business critical role.
- Manage the supply chain from project inception to contract placement
- Deliver value for money for Group through the sourcing process while maintaining compliance and improved customer service
- Work with the Head of Procurement to continually improve the procurement function across the group companies through development and refinement of procurement processes, service levels, policies and procedures in accordance with industry best practice
- Lead contract negotiations to ensure the integrity of the tendering and procurement processes for supply and service contracts, and to foster best supplier relationships within an appropriate legal framework.
- Support the Head of Procurement in achieving strategic group procurement goals including efficient processes and value for money
- Provide Business Units with a focal point for sourcing and procuring of goods, services and works by communicating with the relevant Business Units and Management.
- Continual review of existing contracts and drive the tender processes to meet contract end dates.
- Manage the Sourcing Process, including specification generation, tendering and negotiation strategies, tender preparation and evaluation, supplier selection and contracting and develop key supplier relationships.
- Manage the procurement administration process by providing supervision and training.
- Relevant 3rd Level Qualification
- 5+ years experience of the tendering/buyer process within a Public Sector organisation.
- Excellent understanding of contractual legal terms and conditions.
- Ability to recognise and escalate risks appropriately
- Process-oriented with analytical skills and creative problem-solving capabilities with high level of attention to detail
- Excellent IT skills
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.