Director of Procurement - EMEA/APJ Regional Lead for Chemicals and VBS Direct Materials at MSD
One of the country's leading healthcare companies with over 2000 people, across four sites in Ireland are looking for a Director of Procurement for Direct Materials.
The Director of Procurement-Direct Materials is responsible for leading sourcing projects supporting the internal manufacture of API, bulk drug substances, drug products (small molecule & biologics), and vaccines, within the manufacturing network (including pilot plants and commercialization sites).
- Implement strategic direction for procurement efforts and execute tactical procurement processes; work with our manufacturing division
- Support/lead selection of suppliers to ensure appropriate savings and service levels.
- Ensure that all legal contract requirements are met.
- Manage relationships with external contacts to ensure optimal team performance and to take appropriate actions by implementing contract negotiation, communication with suppliers and/or or modifying procedure to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Serve as an operational and technical resource for all procurement in the communication and resolution of purchasing systems issues; negotiate successful resolution to problems or concerns.
- Enforce compliance with all Global Procurement policies and procedures by using a data driven business case approach.
- Provide support for the Supplier Diversity & Development Program and engage in goal establishment, action planning and financial/quantitative reporting, as required.
- Procurement Leadership
- Category scope
- Sourcing Management
- Strategy Development/Implementation
- Continuous Improvement
- Stakeholder Management.
- Business requirements/cost management focus
- Required Graduate degree required
- Preference in Supply Chain, engineering, chemistry, chemical engineering, or manufacturing
- 8+ years procurement or business management experience, within manufacturing environment or company
- Technical "" Broad base of procurement category knowledge, experience within chemical process/manufacturing, vaccine, biologic, or sterile product manufacturing environment preferred
People Management Experience
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.