We are currently seeking an experienced Polymer Technician
This is a Shift Position
- Responsible for operating moulding and any auxiliary equipment.
- Responsible for inspecting product to a pre-determined specification and completing all documentation necessary to provide quality, production and traceability records in accordance with ISO9002/EN46002/ISO14001 standards/ customer specifications.
- Responsible for making technical adjustments to the machine as required.
- Ideally have a Qualification in Plastics Engineering.
- Must have good verbal reasoning, numerate ability and mechanical aptitude skills.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Must be willing to work on a shift basis in the business.
- Ability to work on their own initiative.
- Previous production work experience in an injection-moulding environment would be an advantage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensures the quality of the parts produced by inspecting parts visually and through measuring devices.
- Supporting the shift and PGL by reporting on/resolving process/technical issues.
- Ensure the machine settings as per the validated status and recorded on relevant documentation if applicable.
- Attend production meetings as required.
- Attends to all incidents of downtime and records in the relevant documentation on a daily basis.
- Define machine status on OEE System in order to determine machine downtime and run time.
- Carry out Pin correction when applicable.
- Assisting with the introduction and validation of new tooling as required.
- The introduction and transfer of new moulds into production as required.
- Work closely with maintenance, tool room and process engineers to ensure technical support for the room.
- Completes Tool changes
- Provide assistance, support and training to operators on the shift.
- Preforms line clearance in conjunction with the relevant procedures.
- Maintaining accuracy of batch documentation at all time and ensuring that it is filled in and right first time.
- Ensure that machines are stopped and started as per the relevant start up procedures in manufacturing manual.
- Ensure that all machine adjustments are as per the validated state and recorded in the relevant PAL.
- Understands and safely operates all equipment.
- Reports and/or corrects unsafe working conditions.
- Ensures all molding machines and ancillary equipment are working correctly, and reports any problems.
- Performs mold cleaning and cleaning of machines/robots and ancillary equipment on a daily/monthly basis.
- Ensures that the correct raw materials are being used at each moulding machine; ensures raw material is staged/ready for next shift
- Verifies the labels for correct part and lot numbers.
- Maintains work areas in a clean and orderly manner by practicing good housekeeping.
- Maintains and updates assigned measures of performance, in conjunction with the Production Group leader.
- Stands in as acting PGL during period of absence or holidays if required.
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements training, and regulations.
- Compliance to all local site company policies, procedures and corporate policies.
- Act in accordance with the company's guiding principles and adherence to the corporate Code of Conduct.
- Develops and maintains methods/procedures and all supporting documentation to meet the requirements of ISO 9001/ ISO 13485 / ISO 14001.
- Performs additional duties at the request of the direct supervisor.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.