Excellent and exciting role in with major medical device company in GALWAY
- Permanent contract
- 65,000 + benefits
- Medical Device
The Principal Design Engineer is directly involved in the application and dissemination of best practices for improving productivity, quality, or other measure of performance through and supports the development of strategies for that provide a road map to search for these improvements.
- Leads a program to search for improvements for creating an improvements/ roadmap which feeds into capital assets budgeting for the next two years.
- Manages mission critical projects through their typical life cycle for legacy products and new product development projects.
- Provides guidance to RGI manufacturing sites on strategies, best practices and project lifecycle workstream.
- Provides subject matter expertise to RGI and vendor related stakeholders as appropriate and performs test, debugging and troubleshooting activities on mission critical systems.
- Prepares design specifications, analysis and recommendations for presentation and approval.
- May specify materials, equipment and supplies required for completion of projects and evaluates vendor capabilities to provide required products or services.
- Procures and manages vendors involved on mission critical projects (contracts, performance, payments).
- Ensures delivered systems adhere to applicable domestic and international standards as well as to company and manufacturing site's EHS policies and SOP's.
KEY SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, science, or closely related discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years experience in a medical device or related industry, with demonstrated track record of leading systems development.
- Knowledgeable & experienced about , /electronic design, programmable logic controls () - Allen Bradley, pneumatic systems, motor control, vision systems, and instrumentation.
- Knowledgeable on project management of systems development lifecycle.
- Knowledgeable and experienced on Design for Excellence (DFX) Principles and risk management methodologies such as PFMEA.
- Strong aptitude (understanding and using machines and tools).
- Solid Works and/or AutoCAD, MS Office, MS Project.
- Effective verbal, non-verbal, visual, and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Cyber Security and Data Integrity.
- Six Sigma/Lean certified preferred.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.