Cost analyst required in Galway
- Assume ownership and responsibility for accuracy of all customer, vendor, pricing and product data in core systems
- Responsible for inventory cost management and analysis
- Extract and analyse product cost data and define sales prices within agreed limits
- Adding, updating and maintaining high volumes of item master data on a daily basis
- Manage a smooth workflow of data from various sources and gathering this information in the correct format in line with defined SOP's
- Continuous improvement of current SOP's to drive efficiency and effectiveness
- Build relationships with central functions and support other business users through the timely resolution of Master Data queries
- Work with internal departments and local users on any Master Data related projects to ensure progressive development and accuracy of data
- Initiate regular data audits to identify any discrepancies and inconsistencies
- Manage profitability via regular analysis with inputs including coordination and impact of any raw material costs
- Create a monthly report detailing revenue, margin, contribution and profitability review by product, production line, product category and by customer
- Analyse business trends and communicate learnings to increase profitability of the business unit
- Collect market and competitive information and record, analyse and report as required
Skills & Experience
- Systems administration experience with a large ERP system. SAP is desirable
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Resourceful and deadline focused with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Target driven with a flexible work attitude to meet business deadlines
- Excellent business partnering skills
- Strong sense of ownership in carrying out duties and excellent attention to detail
- Confident verbal and written communication skills.
- Good problem solving skills and an analytical approach to issues that may arise
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary package along with benefits.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.