Paralegal, Company Secretary required for Aptiv Dublin
Aptiv Dublin - Paralegal (EMEA Legal)
As a Paralegal, you will be part of the EMEA Legal team with responsibility for ensuring that the portfolio of over 110 APTIV companies comply with statutory/governance requirements. You will report into the Deputy General Counsel of the Company in Dublin.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a large portfolio of EMEA entities to ensure that all company secretarial compliance matters are attended to and provide day-to-day corporate governance support, working collaboratively with in-house counsel and third-party service providers;
- Maintaining statutory books and records for Irish entities and monitoring compliance with all relevant statutory, regulatory requirements and filing deadlines;
- Preparing or working with service providers in the preparation of a wide variety of documents including as minutes, resolutions and documentation relating to share transfers, approval of accounts, power of attorney and proxy forms etc.;
- Maintaining EMEA group structure charts and ensuring that Corporate Database and forms are up-to-date;
- Partnering with Tax, Treasury and Finance teams to implement key strategic projects from time to time in respect of corporate restructurings, company formations, company conversions, branch registrations etc.
- Developing and maintaining relationships with legal teams from other regions and functional teams across the Company e.g. Finance, Tax, Treasury, HR;
- Serve as liaison for outside counsel and third-party service providers for Corporate matters and keep track of costs;
- Arranging for document execution, notarisations, apostilling and filing with relevant registry;
- Keeping abreast of all legislative, regulatory and corporate governance developments relating to company secretarial issues;
- Performing other company secretarial functions from time to time as may be required.
Essential Qualifications and Skills
- ICSA qualified with 7 to 10 years previous experience working in a company secretarial function either in professional practice or in a multinational organisation;
- Proven experience of handling corporate governance matters and a deep understanding of company secretarial processes;
- Fully conversant with Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Previous experience of corporate database such as hCue, Blueprint or other company secretarial package advantageous, but not essential;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines and balance competing and conflicting priorities;
- High quality and accuracy of work, comfortable managing a complex and varied portfolio of clients and entities with minimal supervision;
- Highly motivated self-starter with gravitas to maintain credibility with different stakeholders;
- Proven experience working with sensitive and confidential information;
- Confident, assertive and collaborative attitude with willingness to work as part of a team and help out on all matters.
Please review the APTIV Privacy Statement Here
Aptiv TA in Ireland is powered by Morgan McKinley