Packaging Design & Test Engineer - Cork
Due to the continued growth and success of our client on the outskirts of Cork City, I'm looking to speak to Packaging Design Engineers looking to move into a new and diverse position. This role would suit an individual who is looking to continue gaining experience a multitude of different areas from Packaging Design to Lab Testing.
- Liaise with clients, acting as the first point of contact regarding individual projects.
- Overseeing projects from initial concept, detailed design, assembly and testing keeping them on schedule and within budget.
- Delivery of RFT designs, utilising Solidworks to develop 2D and 3D drawings.
- Liaise with purchasing department regarding the procurement of material and components.
- Adhere to Design and Test Centre Paperflow / Process flow
- Assist with Engineering Change Orders for customers nationwide i.e. documentation control, advise all relevant parties, create and upload new drawings, replace drawings.
- Assist with Tooling Layouts & maintenance i.e. documentation control, advise all relevant parties, create and upload new drawings, swap out old drawings
- Prepare layouts and quote requests, forward quote to customer service.
- Customer Point of Contact on design and testing when Customers are visiting Design Centre
You will also be responsible for the testing elements of all packaging materials as per customer requests. Duties may include:
- Vibration Testing
- Drop Tests
- Compression Testing
- Heat Change Testing for different time periods.
- Generate Computer Test Reports for customers.
- Degree Qualified in an Engineering Discipline.
- A Minimum of 2 - 3 years' experience in a similar role is essential.
- Proficient in Solidworks
- Customer Focused.
- Experience in packaging design is an advantage.
- Experience in packaging testing (vibration, compression, temperature control etc.)
- Strategic Thinker for a dynamic creative environment.
- Familiarity with CAM machines is an advantage.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.