My client, a global leader in the agricultural sector, is looking to hire an experienced Operations Manager due to increased activity within the business.
The primary objective for this role is to implement and drive best practices across their manufacturing processes and positively impact the performance of daily activities, improve quality, gain efficiencies and increase profitability whilst securing compliance of company procedures. It is important that the successful candidate is willing to be both hands-on and strategic in their approach.
With a network of distributors in over 36 countries and growing the company is well positioned to expand its market share and continue to develop its products and services.
- Constantly review current production processes and investigate bringing industry best practice principles in house
- Drive continuous improvements through lean and/or 5S practices and implement initiatives
- Ensure the optimal production planning and execution
- Present production progress report at management meetings
- Liaising with supply chain manager to ensure JIT arrival of component parts
- Bill of Material Management; ensure BOMs are exact and highlight discrepancies and or required modifications back to development
- Manage the distribution of components throughout the production process
- Plan future capacity requirements through liaison with other key teams such as procurement
- Manage the receipt, handling and dispatch of goods
- Ensure accurate inventory through effective use of cycle counting and other stock control measures ensuring strict emphasis is placed on minimising levels of wastage in line with lean principles
- Manage annual stock takes
- Work closely with the logistics manager on monthly dispatches and ensure everything is on hand and all products are built to the highest standard before confirming loads
- Ensure health and safety standards are always met
- Implement, maintain and drive quality standards (e.g. ISO9001) in all areas
- Bachelor's degree in a business-related field
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar role
- Train, motivate and manage personnel to ensure that they are effective in their roles and are following required procedures
- Maintain personnel training records and plan continuous development of skills for individuals
- Work closely with HR on personnel requirements and play a key role in the hiring of individuals
- Must have experience in material flow, manufacturing processes, inventory management and continuous improvement practices and process analysis
- Experience in implementation of ISO standard procedures
- Experience in auditing and facilitating corrective action
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office suite, Solid works & a working knowledge of NAV preferable)
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.