A superb, wide-ranging Operations career development role with a global leader in Medical Technology.
Our cleint is a global medical technology company focused on improving drug therapies, enhancing the quality and speed of diagnosing infectious diseases, and advancing research and discovery of new drugs and vaccines. They pride themselves on providing an environment for their highly talented workforce which enables them to be the best at their professions. They are always seeking people who have a passion and commitment to join a Company on its journey to 'advancing the world of health' where the work they do will improve and save lives.
The Operations Core Team Leader will manage and co-ordinate all aspects of the Operations responsibilities through product / process development, equipment installation, validation, pilot and industrial production startup together with post launch customisations and range extensions.
You will work within a core team lead by the Project Core Team Leader and represent Operations as Core Team Member on the team while functionally report to the Director, Manufacturing Integration for the Advanced Drug Delivery Solutions Platform (ADDS).
This role entails managing the Engineering, Manufacturing and Operations resources allocated to the project, a high level of collaboration is also required to interface with the cross functional project team, internal manufacturing network, suppliers, Worldwide (WW) functions and business platform leadership to execute project and manufacturing deliverables on time and budget.
- Operations core team member for large and strategic projects responsible for all Operations deliverables through the project phases.
- Responsible for supporting development of the product manufacturing strategy and the execution of tactical implementation plans.
- Completion of assigned activities and projects within technical scope, budget and on schedule.
- Manage, motivate and develop direct reports to meet business and personal goals.
- Define project expense, resource and capital requirements aligned with manufacturing strategy and control of spending to budget and forecast.
- Provide manufacturing input to product design to ensure acceptability for scale up in line with cost projections.
- Co-ordinate Operations requirements for the project through concept, development, pilot production and full industrialization working in conjunction with global support functions (Supply Chain, Procurement, WW Engineering) and internal / external global Manufacturing networks.
- Improve cell efficiency so capacity is adequate to service the increasing business needs
- Defines equipment specification and responsible for equipment procurement, installation and validation at the selected manufacturing site (internal Plant or external supplier).
- Develops material sourcing plans, working with Global Procurement and responsible for pre-commercial product manufacture and delivery in accordance with project requirements and implementation of pilot and industrial manufacturing capacity in line with cost and delivery targets and compliant with cGMP and Safety standards.
EXPERIENCE & EDUCATION:
- S. degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Electronics or other relevant engineering discipline.
- 8-10 years' manufacturing experience and/or product manufacturing transfer.
- Experience in project management and the specification and implementation of manufacturing equipment / processes.
- Experience in Medical Devices industry is highly desirable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work, communicate and influence decision-makers across multiple sites / regions / levels within the organization.
- Collaborative and collegial interaction with colleagues from other departments, businesses and suppliers through leading / participating on project teams.
- Knowledgeable of a wide variety of manufacturing processes including assembly, inspection methods, injection molding, packaging and sterilization
- High degree of personal accountability as work is subject to limited review.
- Understanding of business financials and product cost drivers.
- Work in accordance with and compliance to applicable standards and regulations
- Strong people leadership skills and proven track record of delivering results.
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.