Operational Risk Specialist | Dublin North
There is an exciting position for a Risk Specialist in a multinational insurance company. This company are leaders in the insurance industry with a strong presence around the world. The offices are based on the north side of Dublin with easy access to the M50 and public transport.
This prestigious company is among the most reputable insurance companies in the Dublin market. They pride themselves in providing clients with the best insurance products and services based in innovation, robust process, diversity and open environment to discuss new ideas.
You will be working as part of a high-performing team, reporting to the Head of Risk, reviewing and monitoring the risk management system and undertaking the annual compliance reviews. You will be focusing on risk indicators and risk appetite, supporting the business to improve and identify emerging risks.
- Responsible for the annual compliance reviews on policies and documents
- Advising on relevant changes to internal procedures or policies to reflect regulations
- Responsible for registering risk controls, engaging with the relevant stakeholders, monitoring risk assessments, supporting the business to identify and mitigate emerging risks
- Support in the Key Risk Indicators and Risk Appetite metrics
- Helping the company with analysing, improving plans and providing guidance to a variety of internal teams as required across functions
- Responsible for carrying out risk monitoring, assessing reviews and events including full documentation and action plans as required
- Supporting the business as a risk consultant, providing advice, helping the company to identify, develop and implement risk management best practices and process improvements
- Experience working in a financial services company, preferably insurance, in risk and/or regulatory role
- Strong knowledge on quality assurance, controls and testing
- Excellent regulatory knowledge within the insurance industry
- Qualification in Accountancy or Third level degree in Finance, Business or others
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Innovative, creative and focused on problem-solving with the ability to assess the facts to make informed decisions and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong relationship and communication skills with the ability to communicate successfully with colleagues at all levels and build effective working relationships
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.