Operational Risk Officer | Permanent | Dublin South
There is a global financial services company based on the south side of Dublin that are hiring for an Operational Risk Officer to join their expanding team. This role is a full time permanent position that focuses on operational risk event management across their numerous business lines.
This role is hugely varied as it is a key part of the risk management team, with responsibility from developing to implementing and embedding risk management programmes across the bank. This role also has a huge part to play in providing oversight of associated projects (remediation, regulatory etc.).
As this role has a huge variety it may also include responsibility for new business, product and service implementation from an operational risk perspective. It is essential for the successful applicant to build strong working relationships with a variety of stakeholders including senior management, a variety of business lines, the wider operational risk management team and the SLOD team across the business.
- Operational Risk Scenario Analysis - co-ordinate all aspects of the annual operational risk scenario analysis process
- Develop the annual scenario plan, carry out workshops with senior management and all lines of business across the company, collate data and consolidate results for approval at board meetings
- Schedule periodic reviews of the operational risk scenarios analysis to ensure frequent consideration of the bank's scenarios
- Operational Risk Event Management - provide oversight on effective management of the operational risk event management programme
- Escalate all operational risk events as required by internal policies and procedures where appropriate
- Adhere to all reporting requirements and monitor performance against the companies risk appetite statement
- Operational Risk Capital - main point of contact for all Operational Risk capital events (Pillar 1 and Pillar 2)
- Ensure in-depth understanding of models to provide appropriate oversight and challenge
- Active participation in a wide variety of projects across the bank (e.g regulatory change)
- Third level education in a related discipline
- Minimum 5 years' experience working in a similar role within financial services
- Must have previous experience with risk reporting and presenting to senior stakeholders and/or at risk committees
- Experience managing a risk registrar and/or loss data collection
- Previous experience working on developing, implementing and reporting on risk management tools within the financial services industry is essential
- Strong Microsoft skills are essential
- Must have knowledge and experience with regulatory reporting requirements
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.