Operational Risk Analyst | Insurance
There is a brand-new exciting opening for an Operational Risk Consultant in a leading financial services company. The new role has opened due to expansion in the team.
This position reports directly to the Operational Risk Manager and is part of a wider, diverse risk operations team. The successful candidate will work with each of the operational departments, assessing the risk profile of high-risk processes and developing a robust risk framework that pro-actively identifies and mitigates emerging risks.
- Aid in the implementation of the risk culture throughout the organisation
- Review existing risk and control frameworks on a regular basis
- Assist with the completion of risk assessment processes, reporting on improvements needed or made
- Carry out regular meeting with Senior Management to discuss and identify opportunities for risk mitigations
- Implement and manage a pro-active risk identification framework that highlights emerging risks across the business
- Conduct regular reviews of high-risk areas to monitor risk levels and quantify the potential financial exposure related to those risks
- Liaise with the relevant operations department to implement a plan to remediate emerging risks
- Manage and track remediation plans, providing regular updates to the management team
- Liaise with key stakeholders to ensure all remediation plans are within business policies
- Drive a change in mind-set towards pro-active thinking rather than reactive thinking as it relates to risk
- Drive opportunities to develop and broaden the scope of the framework and review opportunities to implement the framework.
- Review the output from reviews and work with the training team to design and implement appropriate training
- Participation in significant Operations Projects to provide proactive support and control evaluations
- Minimum 3-4 years' experience working in a similar role within a financial services company
- Experience dealing with Senior Management on a regular basis
- Third level education
- Strong analytical skills are essential
- Must have excellent report writing and communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate successfully with colleagues at all levels and build effective working relationships
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.