Exciting opportunity for an Operational Risk Analyst within a leading multinational Asset Manager/Loan Provider
The Operational Risk Analyst will work closely with Operational Risk Management in order to exceute the annual risk-based monitoring and testing plan. This person will input into the development and maintenance of of risk and controls and business infrastructure changes, using the Operational Risk Control System.
- Risk Framework / Programme Development
- Input into the implementation of regulatory and operational risk control standards as guided by Operational Risk Management.
- Risk Assessment - Document risks on the Operational Risk System, validate through testing the company wide risk and control self-assessment process and monitor the progress of treatment plans across the business
- Oversight and Execution
- Testing: Perform risk-based point in time assessment and testing as required per the annual testing plan
- Monitoring: Manage the process for monitoring and following up on all Ops Risk and Internal Audit recommendations and treatment plans to resolve issues and improve processes.
- Reporting - Preparing periodic reporting of identified operational & regulatory risks and ongoing remediation efforts to all relevant stakeholders
Skills & Experience
- 3rd level education to Degree or Master level in an economic or numerical discipline and/or relevant professional qualifications
- previous experience in Operational Risk or similar role
- Strong cross-functional experience either in-house or externally in a financial services environment
- Ability to demonstrate detailed knowledge of regulatory and operational risks influencing the Irish credit sector along with demonstrated strong credit skills
- Previous experience operating in a risk management position
- Licentiate of the Association of Compliance Officers or Ireland (Desirable) (LCOI)
- Strong knowledge of business functions and systems relevant to financial services, preferably across consumer and commercial lending (Desirable)
- Previous experience liaising with Regulators (Desirable)
- Legal & Compliance
- Analytical Thinking
- Customer Service & Commercial Awareness
- Developing Others
- Influencing/Peruasion & Negotiation
- Inspiring Others
- Judgement & Decision Making
- Leaderships - Direction & Goals
- Project & Task Management
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Please note that any references to salary or pay rates in this advertisement and in the salary refinement section are indicative only and should only be used as a guide.