Ocean Freight role for a Spirit, Beer and Wine client - 3 years Ocean Freight experience required
Due to growth within the business, my client a global Logistics company is developing a brand-new team within their Ocean Freight Operations.
The ideal candidate will have 3+ years' experience within Ocean Freight and would consider themselves a subject matter expert with a track record to draw examples from.
The main duties of the role include:
- Booking LCL and FCL shipments with shipping lines / agents /overseas offices
- Organising pickups and deliveries
- Ensures customer requirements are met & documents are completed in a timely & efficient manner
- Shipment tracking
- Customer complaint handling
- Resolving invoice queries
- compliance with CDZ regulations as part of Export / Import process
- Manage customer specific billing & EDI invoicing processes
- Manage 3rd party shipments / billings where appropriate.
- Advise Ocean Operations Manager / Product & Customer Service re: performance issues of suppliers & proposes solutions to improve/correct performance
- Participate in the implementation of operational processes and perform work to the standards of Good Distribution practice (GDP) for Life Science business, as required.
- Minimum 3 years Ocean Freight experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Degree in Logistics or Supply Chain is an advantage.
- Fluent English
Morgan McKinley is acting as an Employment Agency and references to pay rates are indicative.
BY APPLYING FOR THIS ROLE YOU ARE AGREEING TO OUR TERMS OF SERVICE WHICH TOGETHER WITH OUR PRIVACY STATEMENT GOVERN YOUR USE OF MORGAN MCKINLEY SERVICES.