Experienced Solution Architect BSS/OSS required for NBI
NATIONAL BROADBAND IRELAND (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It was established by Granahan McCourt (GMC), an international investor in technology, media and telecommunications with 30 years of experience partnering with governments, corporations and people to drive development of communications infrastructure.
NBI has presented its vision for world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country which are not fully served by commercial operators (the "Intervention Area"). National Broadband Ireland will supply broadband to the one quarter of Irish people and premises which currently cannot access high-speed broadband through commercial services. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1 million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms, and over 600 schools.
NBI are looking for an experienced Solution Architect BSS /OSS to join their operations.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
A technology focused role, the Solution Architect role offers the right candidate to work on designing a cloud native solution in a complex multi-vendor environment. Working with other Solution Architect's, the role offers the opportunity to specify and design key components in a greenfield estate, and offers exposure to a wide breath of technologies and applications.
- In conjunction with the Chief Architect, deliver a fully functional end to end technical solution to support NBI Operations and Business teams
- Architect, design and document solution components and interfaces to complement and extend commercial application capabilities, working closely with vendors & partners
- Work with vendors, integrators and internal teams to triage issues and validate the solution
- Work with customers to understand the solution and triage any issues identified
- Provide technical guidance and recommendations on various technology options available
- Support the assessment of proposed changes to the solution
- Identify continuous improvement initiatives within the solution
- Support the continuous assessment process and lead the delivery of Proof of Concepts for proposed solution changes
Knowledge & Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in architecting and designing complex solutions, in an Enterprise environment
- Demonstratable experience of working in a multi-vendor environment, ideally within a telecommunications, utility or similar type industry
- Experience in a number of the following applications desirable - CRM, Inventory Management, Fault Management, Workflow Management, API Gateway or Order Management
- Experience in defining interfaces with commercial applications and extending application functionality, as required, and exposure to various technologies such as REST, SOAP, JSON, XML
- Working knowledge of AWS environments and serverless components such as Lambda, Step Functions, DynamoDB an advantage
- Experience in architecting designing solutions based on microservice architecture
- Understanding of different database types including relational, key/value, document, geospatial etc and when to use each one
- Understanding of OpenAPI/Swagger specifications, and working knowledge of JSON/YAML advantageous
- Certification in AWS desirable
- Degree with a strong Engineering/Technical content
If you would like to be considered for this role, please send an updated copy of your Cv through the application process and a member of our recruitment team will be in touch.