NBI - Payments Administrator
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It's vision is for a world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country that are not fully served by commercial operators. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms and over 600 schools.
Rollout will commence in Q4 of 2019, with most premises being passed in the initial 5 years, with the full project completion at 7 years.
NBI believes that all sustainable progress is driven by people - people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of the communities, businesses and organisations they belong to. NBI strongly encourages entrepreneurial thinking and attracts keen problem solvers with a driven determination to achieve great work.
NBI are now hiring a Payments Administrator to join their newly established Finance team. Reporting to the Head of Treasury you will be responsible for making payments in line with the Company's Financial Policies and Procedures Manual and Authority Limits.
- Ensure that the appropriate approvals have been received in respect of all requested payments, prior to payment.
- Ensure all payment requests are approved by the appropriate person(s) per the Company's Authority Limits Schedule for payment approval.
- Ensure that the Company's bank mandate specifying authorised signatories is always up to date and approved in line with the Company's Authority Limits Schedule.
- Make all payments by the agreed payment date.
- Ensure approved Employee Expenses Claims are paid on a timely basis.
- Monitor the production of payroll payment instructions by the outsourced payroll provider, to ensure that in all circumstances, payroll is paid on the agreed date.
- Ensure all RCT payments are made by the due date, and that any refunds are received on a timely basis.
- Ensure all VAT payments are made by the due date, and that any refunds are received on a timely basis.
- Ensure all PAYE / PRSI payments are made by the due date, and that any refunds are received on a timely basis.
- Ensure all Corporation Tax payments are made by the due date, and that any refunds are received on a timely basis.
- Undertake short-term forecasting requirements to ensure that there are adequate funds in the checking account to cover all planned payments.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Experience of administrating payments in a high control environment, ideally for a minimum period of 3 years.
- Experience in the use of automated online payments
- Experience in the preparation of bank reconciliations
- Person of highest integrity
- Good knowledge of Excel.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Be willing and able to "roll up sleeves" and apply them self to any task.
- Driven personality with a strong team ethic.
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
If you would like to hear more about this opportunity please contact Leonie in Morgan McKinley for a confidential discussion.