NBI - Network Designer
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It was established by Granahan McCourt (GMC), an international investor in technology, media and telecommunications with 30 years of experience partnering with governments, corporations and people to drive development of communications infrastructure.
NBI has presented its vision for world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country which are not fully served by commercial operators (the "Intervention Area"). National Broadband Ireland will supply broadband to the one quarter of Irish people and premises which currently cannot access high-speed broadband through commercial services. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1 million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms, and over 600 schools.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
The purpose of the role is to ensure that network design is carried out in adherence to design, job pack and quality criteria. To monitor design contractor field resource quality compliance against the Design Manager's standards through in-progress and retrospective inspections. To monitor compliance by the contracted design resources with job pack standards. The role will also support the Design Manager in the generation of the Design input packs for each deployment area and oversee data handover to the nominated contract resource.
- Network Detailed Design Input Work Packs for supply to the Design contractor
- Quality Assurance Plan
- Detailed Design pack delivery for the passive Access network to meet programme schedule
- Design compliance oversight.
- Deviation for design governance during build phase.
- Oversee and QA the Implementation the Network Design Principles by contractors
- Manage the relationship with design contractors to deliver Network Detailed Work Plans and Packs to support timely execution of the build process and the network deployment programme.
- Apply the network Architecture compliance checks on contractor produced detailed designs.
- Manage the delivery of Design requirements to meet the NBI deployment Programme Director's plan
- Oversee the implementation of the network Design Quality Assurance and acceptance testing.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety obligations by contracted design operatives.
- Oversee compliance with environmental and ecological compliance plan.
- Work with the Regional Design Manager to develop and deliver cohesive delivery schedule.
- Support the Regional Design manager to Implement the Departmental Authorisation to proceed process.
- Support the Network Deployment Infrastructure Access manager with timely delivery of access request packs.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 3 + years experience in the production of Fibre Access Network Detailed designs
- Knowledge of operation of an ISO accredited environment
- Experience of Quality Assurance and Quality management systems essential.
- Experience of telecommunications network construction principles essential.
- Experience of permit and wayleave process and requirements.
- Ability to manage time and deal with multiple complex problems at once
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop individually and as a team
- Ability to successfully supervise external partners/vendors
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the behavioural and role modelling trains to proponent NBI's values.