Network Design Manager - NBI
NBI are hiring a Network Design Manager!
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultra-fast broadband network for rural Ireland. It's vision is for a world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country that are not fully served by commercial operators. It guarantees a level playing field for million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms and over 600 schools.
Roll out will commence in Q4 of 2019, with most premises being passed in the initial 5 years, with the full project completion at 7 years.
NBI believes that all sustainable progress is driven by people - people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of the communities, businesses and organisations they belong to. NBI strongly encourages entrepreneurial thinking and attracts keen problem solvers with a driven determination to achieve great work.
NBI are hiring for a Network Design Manager to join the business on a permanent, full time basis. Reporting to the Network Build Director, this purpose of this role is to take responsibility for the production and delivery of the Low-Level Detailed Design of the target network to meet the needs of the National Broadband Plan, State led intervention. The role will have direct responsibility for the management of the appointed Design Contractors to the project.
The role will additionally have responsibility for ensuring compliance with design quality, build compliance certification and the integrity of the Access Network spatial and logical inventory integrity.
- Implement the Network Design Principles
- Manage the relationship with design contractors to deliver Network Detailed Work Plans and Packs to support timely execution of the build process and the network deployment programme.
- Review and approve the Design output
- Manage the delivery of Design requirements to meet the NBI deployment Programme Director's plan
- Review and approve Design/Build Contractor proposals in line with programme timelines
- Define and oversee the implementation of the network Design Quality Assurance and acceptance testing.
- Agree product specifications and support Procurement Manager in technical negotiations.
- Manage the creation of the Network inventory and records.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety obligations
- Develop and deliver the environmental and ecological compliance plan.
- Develop and implement the wayleave and licence governance procedure.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key operational, business and management stakeholders
- Support the Network Deployment Infrastructure Access manager.
- Support the Financial Controller in the application of the Project Agreement Contract Assumptions.
Knowledge & Experience
- Relevant Qualification in engineering/electrical/electronic discipline
- 10+ years' experience in a technical role in telecommunications industry.
- Strong track record in telecommunications industry, preferably in a Fibre Optic/GPON environment.
- Knowledge of operation of an ISO accredited environment
- Experience of Quality Assurance and Quality management systems essential.
- Experience of telecommunications network construction principles essential.
- Good people orientation and ability to communicate and lead by example
- Ability to manage time and deal with multiple complex problems at once
- Excellent analytical skills with high attention to detail and good documentation skills
- Ability to manage a team where there is a requirement to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a fast-paced, deadline oriented, environment