NBI - Management Information Reporting Executive
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It's vision is for a world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country that are not fully served by commercial operators. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms and over 600 schools.
Rollout will commence in Q4 of 2019, with most premises being passed in the initial 5 years, with the full project completion at 7 years.
NBI believes that all sustainable progress is driven by people - people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of the communities, businesses and organisations they belong to. NBI strongly encourages entrepreneurial thinking and attracts keen problem solvers with a driven determination to achieve great work.
One of our first hires is a Management Information Reporting Executive - you will be responsible for maintaining key financial models for the project and provide associated management information.
- Maintain the Project Cost Model (PCM) - a comprehensive model of project revenues and costs over the agreement period. Undertake in conjunction with operational management regular re-forecasting of expected project outturn based on actual performance to date and the expected performance for the remainder of the project period based on latest PCM assumptions.
- Maintain the Deployment Area Cost Template (DACT) setting out build costs by project. Ensure that the latest actual and forecast DA costs are incorporated into the model at each key milestone date.
- Investigate all material DACT variances and ensure that they have been dealt with appropriately.
- Develop appropriate reporting templates / reporting instructions in the Accounting & Reporting Platform in order to deliver all the project financials-related management reports required.
- Ensure the production of all agreed project financials-related management reports by the due dates.
- Undertake a critical analysis of all such reports prior to issue and approval, including comprehensive analysis of all variances between actual and budget performance, and through discussion of performance and variances with operational management.
- Obtain all required approvals before the formal issue of all management reports and ensure all such reports are appropriately filed in the MIS repository.
- Be vigilant to opportunities to improve the quality and timeliness of all project financials-related management reports.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Qualified Accountant with large firm training and experience.
- Minimum 5 years post-qualification experience, with ideally 2 years in a similar role
- Experience in detailed financial modelling, for example as part of a transactions advisory function in an accounting firm, bank or financial institution.
- Exposure to the construction and telecommunications industries would be a distinct advantage
- Outstanding internal and external communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to connect with people.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Be willing and able to "roll up sleeves" and apply them self to any task.
- Driven personality with a strong team ethic.
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
If you would like to be part of this exciting new operation, please get in touch with Melanie in Morgan McKinley for a confidential discussion.