Experienced Head of Learning & Development professional for an exciting new start up.
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultra-fast broadband network for rural Ireland. It's vision is for a world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country that are not fully served by commercial operators. It guarantee? s a level playing field for million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms and over 600 schools.
Roll out will commence in Q4 of 2019, with most premises being passed in the initial 5 years, with the full project completion at 7 years.
NBI believes that all sustainable progress is driven by people - people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of the communities, businesses and organisations they belong to. NBI strongly encourages entrepreneurial thinking and attracts keen problem solvers with a driven determination to achieve great work.
NBI are currently looking to recruit a Head of Learning & Development to join the team. Reporting to the Chief HRO, this is a full time, permanent role that will assist in developing NBI's exceptional employee experience. You will play a critical part in developing cutting-edge programs that build NBI's culture and reinforce their values.
- Drive the development and execution of our talent and learning strategy.
- Consult with the business to identify the core skills and capability gaps that need to be addressed to support our future growth plans.
- Identify, design and facilitate skills development programs which maximize the potential of our people.
- Deployment and management of the LMS system across the organisation.
- Lead our approach to leadership development, systems and process training and Job specific training.
- Work with HR team to role out and maintain an Induction program to ensure a consistent positive experience for all NBI new hires.
- Manage the Employee Education sponsorship and Professional Qualification programs in line with company policy.
- Assist CHRO with Succession Planning initiatives across the organisation.
- Identify and communicate the business impacts of employee and leadership development initiatives and achievement of strategic and operational goals.
- Keep up-to-speed with the latest thinking around learning technologies and content solutions, to curate learning opportunities that are most relevant for our employees
- Manage the ongoing evolution of our learning technologies to match business needs and support the continued growth and development of our employees
- Embed a learning culture across the organization that will create business impact
- Evaluate strategies and programs to measure the achievement of established goals and metrics; update strategies and goals to maximize results.
- Establishing and managing ongoing vendor relationships with best-in-class L&D partners
- Assist with Administration
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Psychology or Learning & Development preferred
- 10+ years of Human Resources Learning and Development experience
- Project management expertise throughout the L&D lifecycle, from design and implementation to engagement and high adoption
- You have extensive experience creating and driving the talent/learning strategy connecting employee experience to business results
- Your background is in designing and facilitating learning programs incorporating the latest learning trends and a range of learning media to ensure employee engagement and career development
- Strong experience with various LMS
- Excellent facilitation and coaching skills at all levels of the business
- Experience of L&D in a fast paced (ideally technology) environment
- You are collaborative in nature and have experience of consulting with internal or external customers including HR partners to leverage insights
- You have strong business acumen and are results driven
- High energy, passionate and role models our core values, is a champion for employee experience
- You're well versed in content creation and execution across the business and job levels
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
If you would like to hear more about this role, please submit your details on a confidential basis for a more detailed discussion.