NBI - Fixed Asset inventory Accountant
NBI are currently recruiting for a Fixed Asset and Inventory Accountant!
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It was established by Granahan McCourt (GMC), an international investor in technology, media and telecommunications with 30 years of experience partnering with governments, corporations and people to drive development of communications infrastructure.
NBI has presented its vision for world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country which are not fully served by commercial operators (the "Intervention Area"). National Broadband Ireland will supply broadband to the one quarter of Irish people and premises which currently cannot access high-speed broadband through commercial services. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1 million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms, and over 600 schools.
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
To ensure effective accounting for, and control over the Company's fixed assets and inventories.
- Develop and implement appropriate accounting policies in respect of fixed assets, capitalisation and inventory accounting.
- Develop and implement appropriate processes and controls over POs and invoices in respect of fixed assets, capitalisation and inventory accounting.
- Utilise the Project Accounting Module of the accounting and reporting system to collect the individual cost of all build and connection projects.
- Ensure a Fixed Asset Register (FAR) is in place and maintained. Undertake monthly reconciliations between the FAR and the relevant control account.
- Ensure appropriate controls in place to track all inventory issued to contractors / sub-contractors for build or connection purposes. Ensure any wastage is within agreed parameters.
- Update the Deployment Area Cost Template (DACT) with actual costs to date at each key milestone date.
- Undertake in conjunction with the CTO an annual review of the asset useful lives used for depreciation and amortisation purposes.
- Ensure completed projects moved to fixed assets on a timely basis and depreciation is commenced.
- Investigate on a monthly basis material actual vs. budget variances in respect of fixed assets, capitalisation and inventory.
- Be vigilant to opportunities to improve the quality of processes and reporting for fixed assets, capitalisation and inventory.
- Prepare the fixed assets and inventory components of the Company's statutory accounts.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Qualified accountant.
- Minimum 3 years post-qualification experience, with at least 1 year in a similar role
- Strong technically.
- Experience in the construction and or telecommunications industries would be a distinct advantage
- Highly proficient in Excel and Powerpoint.
- Outstanding internal and external communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to connect with people.
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done. Be willing and able to "roll up sleeves" and apply them self to any task.
- Driven personality with a strong team ethic.
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.