Are you an experienced Financial Controller looking to join an exciting start up?
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultrafast broadband network for rural Ireland. It's vision is for a world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country that are not fully served by commercial operators. It guarantees a level playing field for 1.1million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms and over 600 schools.
Rollout will commence in Q4 of 2019, with most premises being passed in the initial 5 years, with the full project completion at 7 years.
NBI believes that all sustainable progress is driven by people - people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of the communities, businesses and organisations they belong to. NBI strongly encourages entrepreneurial thinking and attracts keen problem solvers with a driven determination to achieve great work.
NBI are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller to join the business. This role will take responsiblity for developing, implementing and maintaining the company's financila control processes, accounting policies, reporting systems and compliance programmes.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Company's Financial policies and procedures manual to ensure that all transactions are appropriate and authorised.
- Develop, implement and maintain the Company's Authority Matrix setting out the matters reserved for Board approval, and the authorities delegated to the CEO
- Develop and implement an appropriate accounting and reporting IT system that meets the Company's statutory, manamgement and regulatory reporting requirements and which has effective access and back-up controls.
- Support as required the Company's internal and external auditors int he undertaking of their activities.
- Develop and implement processes to ensure that the Company is compliant with all of its taxation obligations, including in respect of RCT, VAT, PAYE/PRSI, Corporation Tax and any other taxes that may arise from time to time.
- Develop and operate an effective and efficient transaction processing capability to include Purchase Orders, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable and Payments
- Develop and operate an effective and efficient billing and credit control capability, to enusre the completeness and accuracy of billing for all revenue sources, and the timely collection of all amounts due
- Develop and maintain an appropriate recording system to monitor Permitted Expenditure and State-Aid
- Develop and maintain an appropriate recording system to capture and monitor the claims for subvention or compensation against each of th eheads of Permitted Expenditure.
- Ensure appropriate ongoing physical verification of the company's fixed assets, inventories and cash balances.
- Qualfied Accountant with approximately 10 years post-qualification experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience at a senior finance / financial controller level.
- Previous work experience coming from a large company/multinational environment ideal
- Experience coming from the construction or telecom's industry is an advantage
- Proven ability to leverage analytical and problem solving skills in a fast paced environment with a very high standard of communication skills
- Results orientated, strategic thinker with a roll-up sleeves and get on with it attitude
- Driven personality with a strong work ethic.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply through the above link for a confidential discussion.