Exciting new role for NBI : Employee Engagement Manager
National Broadband Ireland (NBI) will be the designer, builder and operator of the ultra-fast broadband network for rural Ireland. It's vision is for a world-class, gigabit-speed broadband for every home, farm, school and business in areas of the country that are not fully served by commercial operators. It guarantee? s a level playing field for million people, 540,000 premises including 100,000 businesses and farms and over 600 schools.
Roll out will commence in Q4 of 2019, with most premises being passed in the initial 5 years, with the full project completion at 7 years.
NBI believes that all sustainable progress is driven by people - people with the imagination and determination to improve their future and the futures of the communities, businesses and organisations they belong to. NBI strongly encourages entrepreneurial thinking and attracts keen problem solvers with a driven determination to achieve great work.
NBI are currently looking to recruit an Employee Engagement Manager to join their business. You will directly contribute to the company by ensuring a positive, consistent employee experience and supporting the NBI Values across the organisation. This is a varied role which will also involve managing Employee Relations and working on other HR related projects.
- Driving Employee Engagement - Ensuring appropriate communication channels exist to give all levels of employees an effective and empowered voice within the organisation.
- Provide advice and best-practice insights to support senior colleagues and other stakeholders in planning and delivering messages and information in an accessible, targeted and timely manner
- Work with CHRO to deliver consistency in approaches to internal communications and delivery of the end-to-end employee experience including preparation for regular 'All-hands calls' and corporate email communications.
- Liaise with the Marketing team to ensure external communications are consistent with our Culture and support our Values.
- Take responsibility for the design and delivery of key set-piece internal communications events, which include town halls, lunch and learn sessions, and daily weekly update on company comms tool
- Work with colleagues across NBI to develop and implement strategies and approaches to the use of social media - specifically from a colleague perspective
- Support and champion a Values-led cultural approach across the organisation.
- Create annual calendar of Employee Engagement activities and manage the monthly companywide fun activities.
- Assist with the set-up and maintenance of company intranet including driving content from senior executives, monthly EE activities, HR policy updates and Talent activity.
- Launch Employee survey and collate all data.
- Take outputs from Employee Survey feedback and present recommendations for targeted and appropriate action based on key messages. The role holder will also be expected to own the design and delivery of initiatives based on approved recommendations
- Manage employee relations issues and grievances as they arise in line with best practice. Provide early intervention on people issues to avoid escalation.
- Advise managers regarding HR issues /challenges and facilitate effective and proactive decision making to ensure solutions are realistic, transparent and fair.
- Assist with Annual Performance reviews process.
- Provide project management for HR department.
- Assist with HR administration.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 10+ years of HR experience.
- Bachelor's degree or masters in a HR related discipline.
- In-dept knowledge and understanding of HR legislation/employment law, policies and procedures.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to coach at all levels and build effective working relationships
- The ability to think and act innovatively and creatively to design and deliver communication strategies
- Strong digital skills and insight, and appreciation of the impact on employee experience and engagement
- Proven experience of providing communications leadership at a time of significant transformational change
- Strong organisation / project management skills, and the ability to manage a number of workstreams concurrently, managing challenging deadlines and changing priorities
- Exceptional writing, editing and proofreading skills
- Self-driven with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Confidential, discreet and diplomatic approach. Ability to work with confidential information at a very senior level.
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.
If you would like to hear more about this role, please submit your details on a confidential basis for a more detailed discussion.