NBI - Design Production Manager
Key Objectives / Accountabilities:
The purpose of this role is to take responsibility for the production and delivery of the Low-Level Detailed Design of the target network to meet the needs of the National Broadband Plan, State led intervention. The role will have direct responsibility for the management Design Contractors to the project. The role will additionally have responsibility for ensuring compliance with design quality, build compliance certification. The role will have responsibility for delivery of the Metro Backhaul Design in conjunction with the Access Network Design and will also take operational responsibility of the delivery of wireless point solutions to meet deployment imperatives.
- Network Detailed Design Work Packs
- Cost model and budgetary inputs
- Quality Assurance Plan
- Design Approval Process
- Implement the Network Design Principles
- Manage the relationship with design contractors to deliver Network Detailed Work Plans and Packs to support timely execution of the build process and the network deployment programme.
- Review and approve the Design output.
- Manage the delivery of Design requirements to meet the NBI deployment Programme Director's plan
- Define and oversee the implementation of the network Design Quality Assurance and acceptance testing.
- Ensure compliance with Health and Safety obligations
- Ensure compliance with environmental and ecological compliance plan.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key operational, business and management stakeholders
- Work with Programme Manager and Build Managers to develop and deliver cohesive delivery schedule.
- Implement the Departmental Authorisation to proceed process.
- Support the Network Deployment Infrastructure Access manager.
- Support the Financial Controller in the application of the Project Agreement Contract Assumptions
Knowledge & Experience:
- Qualified to at least degree level in a relevant engineering/electrical/electronic discipline or equivalent experience
- 5+ years' experience in a technical role in telecommunications industry.
- Strong track record in design discipline in telecommunications industry, preferably in a Fibre Optic/GPON environment but at a minimum in Access Network situation
- Knowledge of operation of an ISO accredited environment
- Experience of Quality Assurance and Quality management systems essential.
- Experience of telecommunications network construction principles essential.
- Good people orientation and ability to communicate and lead by example
- Ability to manage time and deal with multiple complex problems at once
- High levels of flexibility, willingness to learn and develop individually and as a team
- Excellent analytical skills with high attention to detail and good documentation skills
- Proven ability to successfully manage external partners/vendors
- Proven ability to respond well to change and maintain flexibility while keeping focus on objectives
- Ability to manage a team where there is a requirement to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks within a fast-paced, deadline oriented, environment
- Demonstrates flexibility and willingness to do what it takes to get the job done
- Excellent ambassador for NBI, promoting the organisation and role modelling NBI's values.